Velóce Corporation (SmartTab), is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Research and Development team. This individual will be involved in the development of new technologies for a novel medical device. SmartTab is developing a next generation drug delivery capsule system to better target disease treatment and improve efficacy of existing drug therapies.
- This position will participate in the research, development and evaluation of new and unique technologies required to push this innovative technology forward.
- Develop component and assembly designs using SolidWorks. Generate drawings and specifications for populating Design History Files for the company’s product lines.
- Manage technical aspects of projects by monitoring and managing project resources, schedules and relationships in order to achieve successful project completion while driving innovation.
- Design and select components for structural and actuation assemblies.
- Design tasks including modeling, simulation, verification testing, design evaluation/ revisions/transfer technology, and product performance analysis.
- Perform design revisions and updates, assist in scale-up and transfer of designs to manufacturing, ensuring reliable and cost-effective production.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable field
- Experience with computer-based engineering design tools (e.g. SolidWorks, MATLAB, etc.)
- Ability to execute projects as part of a team • Knowledge of mechanical/electrical systems and design for manufacturing
- Broad knowledge of engineering principles and design, innovative and self-motivated
- Willing to work in a regulated environment requiring good documentation practices
- Familiar with applicable international and regulatory standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills